Monday, June 22, 2009

It's been a while

The summer doesn't really leave me with very much to talk about preschool-wise. I'm excited to report that next year, I will have the younger threes again. I've gotten a sneak peek at my class list and it's almost full! All great kids, too. I think I'm going to have another excellent batch of students and parents next year, which is good. I had the BEST class this past year, so I'm completely spoiled.

Anyway, so over the summer this will probably just end up being a hub for my ideas. That way I can keep track of them and if my computer crashes (which it does), I don't lose all of my ideas!

- All about today pocket chart.
- A headphone hub thing so more than one kid can listen to a book on cd. Also, headphones.
- Enough spray bottles for each kid in my class. Then I want to do this when we study fall to spray leaves onto a tree.
- I want to split my book subjects up. "Animals" can be changed to "insects" "fish" and then maybe just animals. I don't know what to call left over animals, but I had too many animal books this year. They didn't fit into two baskets and that's too much.
- Pillows for my library. Last year I had beanbags and they busted, so I threw them away. Pillows won't make such a mess.
- Enough smocks for everyone, but I guess I will settle for large t-shirts.
- Velcro that isn't sticky. I took the velcro I had this year off with a razor, but it was such a pain, I'd rather not deal with it again.
- Scissors that actually cut construction paper easily. We had those safety scissors this year and the kids would get frustrated because the scissors would bend the paper instead of cutting it. As long as I teach them how to hold scissors properly, they can handle ones that will actually cut.
- I'm going to laminate a piece of posterboard and tape it to the wall for a "whiteboard" that they can reach and use in an alphabet center. I need to surround that with something raised though, so they don't write on the walls.
- A tension rod used for curtains. One of the other teachers had one on her windows to store her big books there. I love it. I'm stealing the idea.

2 comments:

  1. i'm so excited to have found your blog! i am about to start my masters in elementary education. your previous entries are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I've worked in childcare for nearly 12 years and I used to teach the 2/3 year old - it was my favourite group, it's such a fun age :D Your ideas for your classroom sound fantastic! Have a great summer break :)

    ReplyDelete