Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Preschool invades our spare room



They're waxing the floors at my school, which means everything comes home! Most of the furniture is stacked in my classroom, but all of my things had to come home for the summer. Lucky for us, we have a spare room. Okay, it's the room we keep the dogs in when we leave, but they don't mind if I add things to their room. It's amazing how much JUNK I have accumulated in just a year of teaching. Piles of baskets used for my library, a net full of balls, bins that go in my cubbies to keep little fingers away from teacher stuff, big books, small books, board books, books on cd, shelves, art examples, a blender! It took me three trips to get this all home from school in my little Honda Fit. My floors should be waxed next week or the week after, and then I get the joy of hauling it all back.


That part I really can't wait for though. I have a new layout in mind based on what did and did not work last year. I can't wait to rearrange and set up. This year, I had circle time near the cubbies. This was bad because the kids kept laying in the cubbies! Next year, it moves to the opposite corner of the room. I'm also going to arrange my long library bookshelf so it creates a room divider between the cubbies and everything else. I'm hoping this will keep the kids out of the cubbies when it's not time to be there. My art center is moving near my huge window sills so I can use the window sills for storage and move the shelves I was using to split science and math into science and math. This year, my layout didn't really allow me to have two separate centers for them, and let's just say it was a mess.

Oh I can't wait for August!

No comments:

Post a Comment