Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!



This is what we did for Mother's Day. It was very well received by all of the parents and took a solid week to get done! We started out by painting the pots. We used washable paint, which I do not think I will do next year. It soaked into the terra cotta pots and we had to do eight layers of paint. (Not that the kids minded having to paint so much, just that I started to get concerned they wouldn't be done in time!). The handprints are done with Crayola's Model Magic. This is very lightweight, which worked great for our purposes. The kids painted dowel sticks green.

Then I set up to getting them all put together. I ran through three HUGE hot glue sticks. The flower petals and leaves are foam. I have the dowels sticking in the pots using a styrofoam block. After I took this picture, I got the bright idea to use my multitudes of Easter Grass to stuff them and cover the styrofoam.

I love them and we got a ton of compliments on them. I think I'll do it next year, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment